Ever whittled a shot cup out of an apple?
I’m sure many people are already familiar wih the idea of eating a jelly shot out of a hollowed-out orange (I used a clementine once), but I’d never previously heard of anyone using an apple, so had to try it out myself.
The ingredients will all come down to personal preference, but I used the following:
– An apple (I used a Golden Delicious apple)
– Three cubes of jelly per apple (I used Blackcurrant-flavoured jelly)
– Roughly 50ml water per apple (though I wasn’t exact with my measurements)
– Jim Beam Red Stag Whiskey for one side of apple
– Bols’ Blue Curacao for the other side
Melt the jelly cubes in water, and allow to cool.
Carefully hollow-out your apple, add a dash of your chosen beverage, then top up with jelly mix.
Place in fridge and chill over night.
The verdict? Oh, definitely try it out yourself.